Toilet pan connector to 5" pipe? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet pan connector to 5" pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

jjl

Installing a new toilet in a small cloakroom. The previous toilet was connected to the waste through a 5" plastic fitting that is attached (cemented) into the 4" soil pipe below. I can't seem to find any adapter or pan connector that will fit this ancient fitting - any advice? Or should I just try to remove the old fitting and replace it with something new? The fitting is sort of offset funnel shaped and about 15 cm deep, I'm not entirely sure what would be the right replacement part here (I assume pushing a flexible pan connector directly into the soil pipe would not be appropriate)?

Is the fitting in the ground something like this with the lower section covered in mortar?

Clay pipe adapter flange.PNG

That's an offset connector, there would have been a seal in the top of that with the hole offset so it could be twisted to adjust the offset.
It's probably still on the old W.C pan?

A pan connector extension, preferable not a flexi, should push in the lower part in the ground, then cut off the "funnel" level with the floor, fill and tile over, or whatever the finish.

That's an offset connector, there would have been a seal in the top of that with the hole offset so it could be twisted to adjust the offset.
It's probably still on the old W.C pan?

A pan connector extension, preferable not a flexi, should push in the lower part in the ground, then cut off the "funnel" level with the floor, fill and tile over, or whatever the finish.
Thank you - very helpful! The old WC is long gone, and don't quite remember what it looked like unfortunately (I seem to recall there was a connector with a rubber seal of some kind, but it was clearly due for replacement). Anyway, going for a straight pan connector extension like you suggest seems like the right way to go - hopefully I should be able to remove the existing fitting without having to break up the floor!

Similar plumbing topics

Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Turn your phone 45 degrees!!! The picture is...
Replies
Views
You could try a long flexi and make it a wider...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate for the reply. Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Back