toilet pan wobbly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet pan wobbly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyb

hi all

just a quicky. Got a toilet pan that was originally bedded in using concrete. Its started to become loose. Anything i can do to make it sturdy again without removing it or do i have to remove it, clear away the old concrete and re sit it on a bed of sillicone/adhesive?

Any help much appreciated

Andy

If it's just rocking presumably you can wedge it or support it with small plastic wedges or thin bits of wood then silicone around the base to make it look tidy?

I'm not suggesting that every job should be a botch but without knowing the situation, I'd have thought this would save much time and trouble.

thanks for that my friend, i'll give it a go. Any preference as to sillicone to use?

Andy

I use forever white (everbuild) 10 year anti mould guarantee

Im presuming that this is a low level pan?

Depending on the cost sensitivity, I would say to customer, to do the job properly take out pan and reset on new cement, unless of course it seems like pan will only come out by breaking it!

Those damn pans fixed with gobbo

I also presume that pan has not been fixed with plugs/screws through concrete floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
D
It’s possile the roughness is causing the...
Replies
Views
Back