Toilet Paper | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Paper in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cumbria Handyma

The loo takes away the solids no problem. But more often than not does not take away the paper. What could be the cause?

Is there some restriction to the flow, some water saving device plug in wrong position on syphon so not getting the volume of water designed for?

Ripped up squares of the sun hanging from a string. You really need at least a low level for this, preferably a high level. Just make sure you stand up before you pull the chain.

It's because the bloke fitting the outside tap has had the water off for too long so you're not getting a full flush.

Probably not enough water in the cistern. A 6 litre syphon often doesn't work well on old wc's.

Which reminds me: one of my grandfathers bought his toilet paper by special order so his initials were on each sheet. Couldn't believe it when I found out!!

(He also had a gorgeous aston martin in his younger days.)

PS - I wasn't sure whether to mention this initials business. He was a loving grandpa to me and all us other grandchildren - a really lovely man. He died in 1976 and the family eventually organised to have his gravestone installed a few weeks ago - talk about procrastination!!

I've found some pan designs to be the cause of this. As the water rushes around the pan when flushed and you get slightly more water form one side then a whirpool effect takes place and paper tends to hang around in the swirl.

Make sure that you've adjusted the slider on the syphon for a maximum volume flush if it's a push button syphon or if it's a Macdee, remove the plastic caps and place them over the top two holes for a 9 litre flush.

It will be that Charmin loo paper, apparently they have a lot of bother with it in the states due to the fact that it takes a very long time to break up in the water and causes a few drainage problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
R
There are a few things that could be causing...
Replies
Views
In the old days, toilets used quite a lot of...
Replies
Views
Are you able to install in London?
Replies
Views
M
Was the there already a toilet downstairs and...
Replies
Views
Back