Toilet Part Idenity Parade + Odd Shower Problemo | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Part Idenity Parade + Odd Shower Problemo in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
zzzz1.jpg

zzzz2.jpg

zzzz3.jpg

zzzz4.jpg

zzzz5.jpg

Toilet 1. Pics 1+2
Need to replace inlet valve. It is fed by a smaller than 15mm pipe (don't know if it's 10mm or 12mm as unused to using sizes.) A search online for 'Kiwa Maximum' hasn't had much success.
1. Anyone know what it is or what would fit instead?
2. The nut looks like half inch. Could I just join a different inlet in there and hope for best? And maybe have an extension piece incase it's too short?

Toilet Two. Pics 3,4+5
Air Type (?) push-button flush valve.
Not had any dealings with these sort before. When you press the flushing part on the valve inside the cistern down by hand it flushes but the button no longer flushes it. It looks like there's a sort of mini concertina part on the end of the tube that is meant to press the valve down. I guess it needs replacing.
1. Does it? Or has it dislodged in some way?
2. Anyone know what this part is called and where I can reorder it? The cistern is by Grohe. The only writing anywhere that I could see was on the backnut of the button which was a serial number: 6442 BCCA A000.

Odd Shower Problemo
Anyone know what might cause a shower, once swithced off after use - and left for 5, 10 mins - to let forth with a good few moments of further shower - and then stop again. And not repeat until after next usage?

Many Thanks Plumb-Chums

Last edited:
damn!.... beat me to it.
last one i bought was £26, didnt know you could get the bellows on its own.
remember next time.

Thanks for the link.

Couldn't find the float valve on that site. Anyone got any idea whether I'd get away with just attatching something like a fluidmaster side entry straight onto the existing nut? Or might it be some funny european size?

Think I've found something that looks very similar. It's listed as a Siamp. The one I'm looking to replace had Kiwa Maximum written on it which I thought was the product name. Googling as indicated that Kiwa is a foreign (maybe French) verison of WRAS. What do you reckon are these the same valves?

There's a half inch one offered with a short plastic thread but the eurpoean 3/8ths size has long metal thread so I guess it must be 3/8ths....

zzzz2.jpg
Siamp_three_eigths_bottom_and_side_float_valves.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you very much. I had it round the other...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, It may be coincidence but not long after...
Replies
Views
SaintSinner
S
Will be the fill valve but sometimes it’s...
Replies
Views
I would take a look inside the cistern, make...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Click through the pics on this site and they...
Replies
Views
Back