Toilet Question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Davey Cammack

Hi, got a problem with my toilet, it don't flush all around the toilet & only goes half way towards the front of the toilet. I thought it was the flush pump but all was fine & no blockages or anything i can see, however when i put gloves on & my hand up the back of the toilet under the rip where the water enters the toilet i can feel something plastic moving about like a tube or some sort. I thought it might be something that increases water pressure when it flows out & separates it more efficiently around the toilet but im no plumber & not sure if its something that can be fixed easily or not.

Hope someone can give me some advice.

Thanks

Not sure what it is moving unless it some sort of toilet block cage. How old is the toilet? Does it use a syphon to flush as it sounds to me like the syphon might be on it's way out and need replacing.

i've come across this before, sounds like the toilet is handle flush and the diaphragm has perished and bits of it (plastic sheet) are blocking the holes in the rim that the flush water passes through

The image below is a photo facing up to the back of the toilet i managed to get the camera down :p it is a flush & it is around 17 years old unless the original owners of the house purchased when built changed it before we purchased. To be honest i've always wondered what it was i could feel but never thought to take a photo.

The toilet has a wooden box around the pipe work & so forth so taking it out would require some careful removal of wood so if its a easy repair/fix then it would be worth it or if not id might as well buy a new system.

DSCF3186.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like part of the flush handle that raises the rod but whatever it is seems to be lodged at the end of the flush pipe.

its relatively simple to fix but you will need to remove the boxing around the toilet to access the flushpipe from the rear

p.s when you do get it out post another pic for us.interested to see exactly what it is

cheers

Didn't the old syphonic (double trap) pans have a little widget thing where the syphon sticks out the cistern?

An aspirator yes,

I'm not sure what area of the toilet is in the pic, is it right at the back looking up the rim?

An aspirator yes,

I'm not sure what area of the toilet is in the pic, is it right at the back looking up the rim?

yes its looking up the back of the toilet from inside the bowl looking up to where the water comes out of the cistern.

Is the back of your pan plastic where the cistern sits?

The toilet & cistern come as a unit that fix's together, the cistern sits bolted to a shelf physically attached to the toilet & pop comes out the cistern & bends into the back of the toilet.

But if its a case of removing the toilet & replacing whatever is broke or come loose then i can give it a go, that is if i can find a replacement part if needs one.

As for the photo, i will take one & upload when i do. :D

Looks like a nocturn valve

Can anyone let me know on what they think it is & where to get one as i cant take out the toilet & then spend god knows how long hunting for one so any help would be grateful.

I did google nocturn valve's but nothing even close came up :/

Can anyone let me know on what they think it is & where to get one as i cant take out the toilet & then spend god knows how long hunting for one so any help would be grateful.

I did google nocturn valve's but nothing even close came up :/

I think you need to Google Twyford Nocturn pan as I seem to think this could be the type of pan you could be dealing with.As for spares try H.James at Manor Park london E.12 not cheap but great service/advice best of luck:smiley2:regards turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, could you post a picture of the whole WC...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
thank you very much - i will see if i can find...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Back