Toilet Refill | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Refill in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glennpayne

Hi new to the forum
I Seem to be having a problem with my toilet....The toilet flushes ok but when it comes to filling up water sprays out of the top of the fill....If I switch my bathroom tap on and my sink tap the toilet refills normally, I have tried to change the valve that controls the pressure but with no joy....I have recently upped my pressure in my Vallient boiler but I don't think this should affect anything. Please help :sad_smile:

On some fill valve parts can fall off or come loose which prevent water spraying out the top. Check if there is anything lying about inside the cistern. Some also have a sort of spout which can fall off or might for some reason be pointing the wrong way. No fill valve should allow water to spray in the air so it won't be a pressue issue. If you could post a picture it might be easier to spot the issue. If you can't find any missing pieces you may need a plumber to put in a new inlet valve. If you post your area someone on here may be near by.

word of warning.
when i fitted my own combi, then turned the water back on, it blew the toilet fill valve to bits and flooded the bathroom before i realised.
go with the indication and fit a new one is my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage somewhere. Time to call...
Replies
Views
It doesn't matter what plumbing you have...
Replies
Views
best bet buy a new filler they are not dear.
Replies
Views
Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
Back