Toilet removal | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet removal in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

falcon220570

Hi out there,
Im not sure if this is where i post so it may be moved :)...My toilet is up @#$% creek without the proverbial paddle so to speak lol...its like 30 yrs old and im going to re-tile the floor etc..on removal of the tiles i have found that the toilet is cemented in,any advice on how to remove this would be greatly appreciated ..cheers Adam aka falcon

hi Adam.

hammer and chisel is normally the best way, but its sometimes just as easy to use your boot and give it a good kick..... just ensure you dont have a pan cemented into the soil as you could damage the soil pipework. After this is done, repair the floor, tile and refit the new pan with screws. If the new pan needs lifting to suit the soil then i would consider recementing it in to lift it up to the right height, so when you tile leave a bit out of the floor the enable it to be cemented back to the solid floor.

Thanks bear,some great tips there...bit confussed about what you mean by "PAN"...toilet runs thru wall above ground then outside -then hard up against the house wall goes into the ground

no pipes under the cement inside..only go under cement outside the wall

pan = toilet pan.

it may also be a good idea to soak up/remove the water in the pan before you remove it so if the pan fractures then you wont get aload of water on your floor. I find using a wet and dry vac a good way to do this.

thanx guys..going to poner over you ideas for a few day but i will be back :)..loving this site already

if you're going to screw the new pan down make sure there are no pipes or cables under the floor where you are going to screw into it. it makes for an interesting day when you hit a central heating pipe when screwing a pan down. !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
B
Sometimes you have to think outside the box...
Replies
Views
I would call it installer error. Maybe from...
Replies
Views
Back