Toilet room with no hand wash basin | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet room with no hand wash basin in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mags

We are considering buying a bungalow built in the 70's. It has a separate toilet room [with no wash basin] which is not next to the bathroom so we can't just knock through as the front door is between the two. We are wondering if its possible to have a small wash basin and water heater installed as there is room and the door opens outwards but apart from the toilet there are no water pipes in there.

Yes there should be no problem with that. You can get a small electric water heater for the hot, and just take the cold from the feed to the toilet.

U can get small hand basins, however just like my downstairs wc it can only fit a toilet and in front of the toilet is the boiler. No space at all for a radiator or a basin....

Building regs requires a hand basin in the same room or next room from a toilet I believe. Best in the same room to avoid hygiene concerns.

Try this.
[DLMURL]http://www.cleverandeasy.com/Space-Saving/caroma-toilet-with-integrated-hand-basin.html[/DLMURL]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited by a moderator:
I like those and I think they are a really good idea, recycling the waste water and that. Not had chance to fit one yet though but would be interested in someone who has.

I like those and I think they are a really good idea, recycling the waste water and that. Not had chance to fit one yet though but would be interested in someone who has.

My dad fitted one, said it was a pain in the ****, not just that but the flexi's the feed the taps sit in the cistern water(well on the one he fitted) so they would rust...

Don't your flexi's have stainless steel mesh?

The other strange thing with this setup is that when you flush the toilet, the cistern is filled from the basin outlet.

Yes thats the idea - you wash your hands and the water fills up the cistern. The tap stops when the cistern is full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
He doesn't know or will accept it but we've...
Replies
Views
Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning Ben-gee Again, many thanks for...
Replies
Views
Back