Toilet screws | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet screws in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

Hi peeps had a job today the custard wants to keeps her toilet and I put it back once I've tiled, problem is the screws holding the cistern and toilet have rusted big time making it impossible to get a driver on it, normally I'd smash it off wall but she's keeping it
Anyone know good advice to deal with this I'm a bit worried about drilling the screws out

Loads of wd 40 and leave it for as long as poss.
I disagree with the lads above unless you want to trash loads of blades, i wouldnt use one on some cistern bolts.
personaly as long as the customers not around, i use a 4''grinder put a cut down the center of the bolt and the heat usualy frees it off

I thought we were talking screws through top of cistern into wall, rather than cistern to pan bolts. If its cistern to pan then its angle grinder all day long.

I thought we were talking screws through top of cistern into wall, rather than cistern to pan bolts. If its cistern to pan then its angle grinder all day long.

i was asking about both but the fein thing would work great on the cistern screw as for the pan screw don't think I'll use a grinder I'm liable to slip n smash pan lol

... problem is the screws holding the cistern and toilet have rusted

Screws or bolts?
We might have to start this thread again! :smile:
Are you talking about cistern screws into a wall and screws going through a WC pan into the floor? Or WC cistern to the pan fixing close coupling bolts?

A fein type machine will comfortably cut a piece of copper tube pal, it wont cut a screw or bolt.

Copper pipe, nails, aluminium are ok. Screws and bolts, even with a metal blade work out expensive.

Dam sorry guys sorry for confusing you I ment
The screws holding the cistern to the wall and the screws holding down the pan to the floor :(

I`ve cut through the pan to floor screws before when nothing else would do, It will ruin the blade but don`t force it just take time doing it.

A fein type machine will comfortably cut a piece of copper tube pal, it wont cut a screw or bolt.

I've used it to cut out barrel. Decent blade and it's fine, managed a good twenty cuts with one blade all 1/2" and 3/4" barrel.

i have the bosch one thats on offer at screwfix at moment (wasnt when i bought it ) .. i use it all the time i went on ebay and bought a pack of blades (10 for 10 pounds) that i use just for this job .. keep the decent blades for decent jobs and burn the cheap ones out taking screws off etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
Sometimes you have to think outside the box...
Replies
Views
Go to a plumbers merchants and ask them for a...
Replies
Views
G
True, when something happens to your plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hello and once again thanks for all the...
Replies
Views
Back