Toilet seat keeps falling off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet seat keeps falling off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muckles

Hi, first post but have read forums for a while.
I bought a bathstore toilet,close coupled and with soft close lid.the seat keeps becoming detached.My fitter said there is a single small screw to hold the seat in place.He called at the store,they suggested glue.I can't believe that they are selling seats which have to be glued to the pan.
Very inconvenient being seatless.
Anyone got experience of fitting these seats?
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

Well if seat has fallen off take back to bathstore and let them sort out
If you supplied w/c,it is not the problem of the plumber who installed it thus maybe he did not spend much time on siduation
Get yourself back to the store and kick butt!!!

Few things more important in life than a comfy w/c seat,men can spend over 4 mounth in a life time sat there,staring at thier belly button,thinking about the meaning of life or the wife :p

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
hi muckles - fully agreed with puddle , youve paid for high end quality no doubt . . . go back to store - glue not acceptable!!!- pls let us know how you get on- regards moore

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond to my post.I bought a complete set of bathroom sanitaryware from Bathstore in May 2009.It was then my plumber went back to the store for help with fitting the seat.At that time it had fallen off within days of him fitting it.After the seat came off again,
I went back to Bathstore last Friday and they denied saying they had suggested glueing the seat.When I said i was going to fetch the plumber back to their shop one of the sales staff said he had suggested a little bit of glue.
Bathstore said I am the only person with this problem,dont have fitting instructions and will not come to my house to see what the problem is.
I am keen to find out if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Thanks

if you have the reciept for seat try once more to sort with shop if no joy contact local trading standards for advice" goods sold must be fit for purpose" good luck regards turnpin maybe google sale of goods act...!

Hi, first post but have read forums for a while.
I bought a bathstore toilet,close coupled and with soft close lid.the seat keeps becoming detached.My fitter said there is a single small screw to hold the seat in place.He called at the store,they suggested glue.I can't believe that they are selling seats which have to be glued to the pan.
Very inconvenient being seatless.
Anyone got experience of fitting these seats?
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

Hmm...I think you better take that back to the Toilet store where you have bought that. They have to replace for something that you describes.

get your receipt and take it back, its crazy to be advised to glue it as I borke mine a few months back and I would class myself as 'normal' size although i was hastly rushing to the toilet after a cheap chicken jalfrazi for a store i will call adsa. (never again) if it had been glued it would be a case of damaging the pan on removal.

I now have one of those soft closing ones so when I come in at 2am and use the toilet i dont wake anyone up (with the toilet seat at least)

So get bathstore to exchange it like for like, take your receipt and/or credit card bill and stand your ground. just because you are the first to complain doesn't mean the problem does not exist

Thanks for the info.I have gone back to the store and they have given me replacement hinges which I have fitted.Seems to be holding ok but test will be when Aunt Ethel visits this weekend.Not sure it will take the weight of her milky whites.
I very much appreciate all the responses to my original post.

Something similar happened to me with a customer buying a homebase toilet seat. I ripped it out and put it on their customer service desk with the receipt. Their were two young girls just looking at it in disgust. i said you better wash your hands after touching that. They gave me a new one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Never done one but that looks the obvious way...
Replies
Views
Place a block of wood carefully in the correct...
Replies
Views
Normally I use a piece of cardboard under the...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
Sorry mate. My bad. My post wasn’t supposed to...
Replies
Views
Back