Toilet seat problem!! HELP!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet seat problem!! HELP!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trisha88

I need help! :confused:
I have bought a new toilet seat to replace a 31 yr old one!
The toilet bolt holes are 7.5 inch apart (centre to centre) and the new seat has a hinge with holes much closer togther rendering it useless. :(

I have 3 options:
1. Buy new seat (I've been looking online for one with adjustable hinges all day...so far nothing that will fit!)
2. Is there a way of putting different hinges on the new toilet so they align with my toilet bolt holes?
3. Worse case scenario I could buy a replacement hinges for my old toilet seat (the bolts and hinges broke into pieces when it was removed) and resuse that...but where can i get them (they use a rod system)?

Anyone want to throw my suggestions my way? I'd be VERY grateful! :D

You can just buy hinges for some w/c's and alot are adjustable
But your best bet is for you to take you seat and hing to a good plumbers merchants,which there are many and I am sure they will be able to match you up

thank you. So far have tried several places and only one has hinges which are 7.5 inch apart....if anyone can recommend a place I'd be grateful
:)

Hi Trisha88

Depending on what area you live in I find City Plumbing Supplies to be very reasonable for sanitary ware. You could also try the Plumbcentre although they may be a little more expensive.

Hope this helps

Steve

You will find that many of the Celmac range will fit older WC pans. I usually fit the Concerto, Sonata or the Calypso seat in this case. Plumb Center do these or can order them in.

If your existing seat is a Celmac seat you can actually buy replacement hinges but for the price of a new seat at under £20 it's not normally worth it.

Last edited:
This link tells you which seat fits which pan!

[DLMURL]http://www.celmac.co.uk/potteryfit.xls[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Someone has previously replaced the seat with...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
S
Pull the screw up whilst you untighten it.
Replies
Views
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
For the small cost of a toilet seat I’d advise...
Replies
Views
Back