Toilet Siphon diaphragm replacement? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Siphon diaphragm replacement? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. One of the in-laws has an issue with her toilet not flushing. I’ve had a very quick look and it seems the plastic diaphragm has split in the siphon. It’s an older siphon but luckily it does split in to 2 so I don’t have to replace the whole thing, but that’s only if one of you good chaps no whether a spare is available? I’ll attach a photo for reference. Normally I would swap the whole thing but that’s normally because it’s not a 2 piece siphon. Cheers guys

Attachments

• 1B100837-2344-43DD-B8A7-401374A1DAC1.jpeg
    1B100837-2344-43DD-B8A7-401374A1DAC1.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 32F36353-254F-4B87-BA3E-0BCE3451CBA8.jpeg
    32F36353-254F-4B87-BA3E-0BCE3451CBA8.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 36
No need to replace whole siphon, replace washer only. Just need to dismantle which in this case is simple enough, have a look at washer, they do vary but replacements are available from good plumbers merchants. Most plumbers have a selection in their van.

Just get a piece of thick plastic or dpm and get the knife and scissors out

In a spot I use a rubble sack, can use a double thickness ie, cut 2, use old diaphragm for pattern.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t get a photo...
Replies
Views
Ask Vaillant they do there own ebus style...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Firstly, I love seeing the world through other...
Replies
Views
M
It's hard to tell from your pictures but I...
Replies
Views
If the nuts are seized i use a wallpaper...
Replies
Views
kay-jay
K
Back