toilet siphons | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet siphons in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

anyone else had trouble with the orpella siphons from plumbfix/screwfix had 2 today and the the things wont flush properly.

one job i hate in this trade is toilets:(

do you mean the cable type flush valves? or do they do a siphon as well?

Yeah ive had trouble with them before, i get my siphons (lever type) from tool-station, they come in three different height size and are a good price and quality. I keep one of each size on stock.

woo hoo i thought it was just me getting a bad batch! yes they are pretty crap, the plastic sheet that lifts the body of water doesn't sit right from them being brand new at least in 50 percent of recent installs. i soon learned to check operation before leaving merchants!!!

insidious things though! pretty much all my local merchants sell them exclusively. but i did one today that i got from plumbase it was a different brand cost a fiver and was best one i've used for ages. never gonna buy them opella things again!

opella and torbeck(same company) have gone right down hill tbh not fitted a siphon for ages now fit fluidmaster flush valves with a fluid master pro ball valve,used to fit loads of torbeck,but they became unreliable after time and efficiency altered the design wont touch there products now

im not using them again but a 3 on a saturday afternoon i had nowhere else.

If it's just a normal syphon, you're better off using a Dudley (I think they're called duo-flush).
The downtube seperates which makes it ten times easier in future.

I like the Dudley ones as they are well made. The top of the syphon comes undone to replace the diaphragm without having to take the cistern off.

I only fit dudley turbo's they do 7,8,9" think they do an adjustable one aswell never had a prob with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there Did you manage to find any parts...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
Back