Toilet splashes | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet splashes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

digbydavies

We had a new bathroom fitted about 6 months with a Vitra Sunrise toilet with Geberit concealed cistern and when you flush, the water (and the contents of the bowl!) splash onto the seat and floor. Can anybody help? Should the cistern be a Vitra one or are all toilets/cisterns meant to be compatible?

The cistern can be of a different make. The flush pipe could be pushed to far forward into the toilet, this can affect the flush. Also some of the following. Cistern is too high. Water level is high. Dropper valve fitted. I have to closed the seat in my house. The other half does not like pee particles floating round..

I have similar problem.

I lowered the cistern, decreased the flush level.
I have put it down to the fact that I have a badly designed pan that throws water out.
My mrs moans about it but I just tell her it's a combined wc / bidet and to take advantage of it.

we used to fit 'restrictors' in the pan/flush pipe connection. This was a 'Y' shaped piece of plastic/nylon similar to a polywasher.
Perhaps get a circular washer of the same size as flush pipe connection and wedge it in behind internal connector. it just restricts the initial volume enough to stop your problem. I'm sure i've seen the proper ones on sale somewhere! maybe 'dudleys' or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Lusso is a load of Rubbish. There customer...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
M
You can easily change the flush volume and see...
Replies
Views
Back