Toilet Syphons | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Syphons in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Where do you guys get your toilet Syphons from? I've gotta go and replace one in a concealed cistern on Friday and have heard bad things about the opella ones in screwfix!

Toolstation or City Plumbing...if you order from Toolstation you get free delivery if you spend £10 or more.

I was thinking of Toolstation. Only thing now is that I don't know what size it is - do I risk guessing or buy a couple and keep the other spare?!?!

I was thinking of Toolstation. Only thing now is that I don't know what size it is - do I risk guessing or buy a couple and keep the other spare?!?!

Thats just what i do, is keep one of each size on stock. And yeah them opella ones are dog !

I was going to say make sure you get the right size, only got caught the once. :)

Less then a fiver each so may as well pick up a couple. Anyone recommend a new lever to use on a concealed cistern as they want that replaced as well?!

I aksed how much a lever was for a concealed cistern in plumb center the other day.....drum roll......

£25. And you've got to hacksaw it to length, drill a new hole for the retaining pin....

I'd sooner change the syphone for a push-button fluidmaster and change lever for button.

Never fitted a fluid master - easy to fit/adjust? Do they fit all cisterns?

They'll fit 99% cisterns. But some inlet valves (e.g. bottom entry with long arm) can get in their way. They come with 2" convertor so you don't have to worry about what size outlet is. Never had a call-back about one, never had a faulty one. If you find yourself quoting on a toilet with old rusty nasty insides, handle that'll prob need to be hack-sawed off, inlet valve that might get in the way of a different shaped syphon, sometimes it's best to just recommend upgrading innards to fluidmaster inlet and button flush. You get both together for a little over £20 online.

Cheers Watertight. Will get one of those then! Sorry for sounding like an amateur!

No probs, I'm essentially an amateur myself. I've done about 450 private jobs but all within quite a narrow range of tasks. Mainly because I'm naturally a coward and worrier. Every now and then chance forces me to test myself and usually it works out fine. I'm pretty confident with toilets. Although I've never tackled (or knowingly come across) a syphonic one.

Cheers for the info watertight. I'm very new to the game too. Luckily this forum has helped loads over the last year. I've had a little experience of siphonic toilets, but not loads! Don't tend to get many around here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Fluidmaster link
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
What exactly is wrong with your current...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
Back