Toilet to main stack question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet to main stack question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

virgil

I'm adding in a new toilet about 4 m horizontally from the main stack. The toilet soil pipe can't run at 2.5' slope to the soil stack as there's a window in the way, but can run at about 30' (to the horizontal) to meet the main stack about 1.5m from ground. The new sink and shower can T into this new 30' soil pipe as they exit between the toilet and soil stack. Soil pipe fittings are either 45' (approx) or 92.5' into the main stack...

My question is: Do I run the new toilet soil pipe with a vertical drop and then 2.5' to the main stack branch (like an L shape), or run it ast 30' as soon as it exits the wall to the stack and then use an adjustable bend to mate to the 92'5 degree main stack joint?

If I do the latter (which seems better to me as greater and more uniform fall on the pipe, I'm going to have to run the shower and sink wastes at 30' to the vertical to join the soil pipe at 90'.

Or am I better off joining the shower and sink separately to the main stack??

There doesn't seem to be any regulation around this...any best practice??

Thanks for any advice.

Virgil

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't be too steep as stops being self cleansing. I would possible tee shower and sink in to stack, run pipe at 1 in 10 and then two 45d bends as close as possible to stack . Avoid 90'd if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
Cheers oz-plumber, good advice. I've ordered...
Replies
Views
You can actually get 90 degree bends too...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
Back