Toilet Trouble Button is Sunken | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Trouble Button is Sunken in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 84317

Hi can anyone have a look at the photos and tell me what’s wrong, when I went to flush the button was sunken and when you press down it won’t raise the float for it to flush. Any advice please?

Thanks
Adam

Attachments

• 8B74D593-D8EB-432A-B73E-1A1B306E110C.jpeg
    8B74D593-D8EB-432A-B73E-1A1B306E110C.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 2800FF4E-98FA-4D70-BD2D-E1BD0B5666EB.jpeg
    2800FF4E-98FA-4D70-BD2D-E1BD0B5666EB.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 35
The button will probably have broken, they do after a while.
Wasn't sure of the manufacturer of your flush valve but putting ''uk flush valve'' into google images found this on the first page.
Wickes Bellante Replacement Flush Valve and Button Toilet Cistern Flush Syphon 32335007 - https://www.bathroomspareparts.co.uk/wickes-bellante-replacement-flush-valve-and-button-toilet-cistern-flush-syphon-32335007-35111-p.asp
That's your valve, if it's old enough for the button to be broken, it might be worth replacing the lot. It looks like the valve sits in a cradle so you will need to release the old valve and put the new one in its' place, 2 minute job if you study the new valve and work out how it connects to the cradle before you start.

It needs replacing JC has found a direct swap 👍 this is something that you can do yourself , when you get the new one you will see how the flush valve fits into the cradle part its just push down and quarter turn and pull , isolate the water to the cistern remove the flush valve section as above clean the seating of the old cradle clip in the flush valve , refill the cistern screw in the button and test flush if ok remove the button replace the cistern lid and button best of luck . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200416-065515.png
    Screenshot_20200416-065515.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 31

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much. I had it round the other...
Replies
Views
Back