Toilet Troubles... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Troubles... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twistednuts

Hi, just having a whinge really.

What is it with these totally enclosed toilet pans?
Why would you design a toilet which is totally unservicable? How the heckers are you meant to see if the pan connector has sealed?
At one time it was only the expensive stuff that had these silly toilets, but theres now a cheaper end flooding (literally) the market!!

Im currently having fun with one. I fit it loosely because i had to take it out again to tile under it. Was there all week without a drip. As soon as i tile under it, it starts leakin!! I was prepared for it though, i made sure it was tiled and fully grouted underneath so any slight leak would show.

Ive re-fitted it 5 times now and it still leaks. The spigot is not egg shaped or anything and theres no rough bits of pot on it. I had a plan which ive done in the past. I put the pan connector on nice and square then just squirt a couple of blobs of expanding foam to keep it there. Did this and i thought id cracked it - but its leakin again :(

Silly design when you cant even see the pan conector, but at least its one that you can get to the cistern bolts and seat bolts instaed of having to take the pan out with cistern connected.

Think i need to silicone the pan connector on, but i hate doing this.

Rant over. Feel better already :)

someone posted a pic of a flexi pancon with a jubilee clip fixing on the pan end not seem one my self but i thought it a good idea when i saw the picture

someone posted a pic of a flexi pancon with a jubilee clip fixing on the pan end not seem one my self but i thought it a good idea when i saw the picture

So you can get pan connectors with a clip set up? Or was it just a big jubilee clip on a normal flexi con?

It's easy to do this. If you slip the plain end of a Mcalpine pan connector extension over the pan with a ring of silicone inside and then clamp/seal it with a large stainless steel jubilee clip, it will seal perfectly and never come off. It also allows for quite a few degrees misalignment if you have to raise the pan to tile under it.

good call phil, although i've seen a bog fitted with one of them rubber soil pipe connectors with a jubilee at either end, about 7 quid from foolstation, looks bloody awful though in black rubber but for a pan connector thats completely concealed it is a cheaper option

Very expensive aint they. Might try one though, its costin me more fannyin about with this bog.
The DIY job on an extension piece sounds good too, but i need it flexible really cos its an inch offset to the soil pipe.

Very expensive aint they. Might try one though, its costin me more fannyin about with this bog.
The DIY job on an extension piece sounds good too, but i need it flexible really cos its an inch offset to the soil pipe.
Buy a Mcalpine OFFSET extension piece and will give you an extra 4 inches when turned. With a jubilee clip both should cost about a tenner.

I have one of those SeeSnake inspection cameras, good for piece of mind as you can poke it round and have a little look see when you flush it, otherwise you have to slide something under and pull it out to check its wet.

Its funny how whenever I mention an inspection camera on a forum somebodys mrs is always involved!

Even when doing the nuptials, we're thinking of whats the best way and quickest way of finishing the job....

i'm advertising for a stunt double!
My stunt double chucked it in. Mumbled something about terrible Health and Safety conditions. Poor guy is now a jabbering wreck and sits alone in a corner all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Cheers Ben-gee: I never thought of heating the...
Replies
Views
Back