Toilet unblocked itself | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet unblocked itself in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I have a weird question. I went into my bathroom and found my partner had put so much toilet paper in the toilet that it was blocked. I tried flushing it and the water filled up almost to the top of the bowl before slowly going back down to a normal level. The flush had completely finished but the toilet paper was still in there and so it was still blocked. I read online that you can unblock toilets by putting warm water and dish soap in the toilet. I went to the kitchen to get some warm water and dish soap but when I got back, the blockage had completely disappeared. My question is, is that normal for a toilet to unblock itself without flushing? I don't really understand all that much about toilets so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

Sometimes the force of the water sitting on top can move the blockage did you flush it a few times after ?

Sometimes the force of the water sitting on top can move the blockage did you flush it a few times after ?
Thanks for replying. I only flushed it the one time and I saw the water level go back down in the bowl so there was no water on top of the paper. It just kinda bothered me because it's like there must have been some kind of suction that sucked the toilet paper down and I didn't think that was possible haha.

Thanks for replying. I only flushed it the one time and I saw the water level go back down in the bowl so there was no water on top of the paper.
My guess is that while you were messing around finding a bucket, warm water and soap, etc. your partner noted that there was still paper in the loo and tried flushing it.

Anyway, it's quite difficult to block a properly function loo with just toilet paper. It's possible that you have a blockage downstream or a blocked air vent that is causing the pan to empty slowly.

Well he denies it but that doesn't mean he didn't i guess haha. There was a hell of a lot of tissue in there, it was half filled with it. There are some builders doing work on the plumbing to the neighbours building and we're connected but I don't think that could affect things could it?

Similar plumbing topics

A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
J
Typical signs of venting issue. Air not being...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Back