Toilet Waste pipe leak! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Waste pipe leak! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I removed the tile floor in my bathroom to fit vinyl and I noticed that the loo now leaks slightly when I flush it. I haven’t put the vinyl down yet, so I can build up the floor under the loo if needed to put it back to the level it was, but maybe I can re-seat the big plastic flange slightly or something? What are my options?

Thanks and seasons cheer

Simon.

Where’s it leaking from and was the vinyl under the toilet ?

Where’s it leaking from and was the vinyl under the toilet ?
It was a tile floor that I lifted, so there's a 10mm gap now under the toilet. I haven't fitted the vinyl yet, but I'll probably run it under the toilet and fill the gap with something. It's leaking where the pan connector meets the porcelain. I assume it's leaking because shifting the tiles out dropped it down 10mm and disturbed the seal of the pan connector.

It was a tile floor that I lifted, so there's a 10mm gap now under the toilet. I haven't fitted the vinyl yet, but I'll probably run it under the toilet and fill the gap with something. It's leaking where the pan connector meets the porcelain. I assume it's leaking because shifting the tiles out dropped it down 10mm and disturbed the seal of the pan connector.

Toilet should have been removed I suspect you will need to re install it and a new pan connector flush pipe seals etc

Similar plumbing topics

J
Soil pipe is 110mm in uk, geberit etc do make...
Replies
Views
ah mb then
Replies
Views
Thanks mate for the reply. Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Back