Toilet water supply pipe 1cm short after tiling | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet water supply pipe 1cm short after tiling in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markwhite1980

Hi all I'm new to this forum (and to plumbing!) but am hoping I can fix this problem and hopefully learn some other bits and bobs on the way.

I've just finished tiling our downstairs cloakroom and took the toilet and sink out to do this. Having tried to put the toilet back in the water supply pipe is now about 1cm too short. I'm guessing there are flexible pipe options but what can I do when what I am short is only between 5mm-1-mm.

I have various DIY and plumbing stores nearby so would like to learn and do it myself.

Thanks for any advice!

Mark

go to a good diy store, tell them your problem and theyll talk/show u what to do, also look up a good plumber and have the number to hand, best be prepared.

Cut pipe back approx 4" then connect with flexi.
Personally, flexis and me dont work. Old fasioned maybe, or stuborn. easy fixes cost money adventually

flexi hose will be fine and their cheap just be careful not to kink them as the diameter of the inside pipe is only around 8mm

Cut it back 4 inch 15mm straight, new tap connector a bit of pipe jobs a good un

brass tap extender will probably be enough any good plumbers merchants or if theres no service vave fitted cut back enough to fit one
i fit brass extenders to every plastic bottom entry as the plasic threads are a night mare especially the second time you fit so for a pound its one bit less grief

Last edited:
Got the brass extender and some plumbing tape from the local store today. Thanks for all your help, great forum.

Mark

brass tap extender will probably be enough any good plumbers merchants or if theres no service vave fitted cut back enough to fit one
i fit brass extenders to every plastic bottom entry as the plasic threads are a night mare especially the second time you fit so for a pound its one bit less grief

brass extenders???

please show.

plastic inlet pet hate.

no like page 92 of BES item 10222 1/2" M/F or 10223 3/4" M/F fit onto existing tap/valve and then connect original tap connector on to it ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Post some pics. Is the cistern touching the...
Replies
Views
Will be the fill valve but sometimes it’s...
Replies
Views
Wont really know for sure until you have the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
Back