Toilet will flush 2/3 times with a healthy fill. However after 3rd flush does not fill again. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet will flush 2/3 times with a healthy fill. However after 3rd flush does not fill again. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Push button cistern.
Toilet will flush only say twice.
Filling the cistern after very well.
After 2nd flush water stops filling cistern.
The left hand side has a plastic tube say 4 inches long from where the water comes. Along side is a small branch with a blue button with two arrows.
By luck I have found that pressing gently down on the branch the water flows into the cistern and can flush again. This is an enclosed cistern so cannot keep taking the wood off.
I think the valve is sticking.
How can I cure this please?
This is a new toilet but has not been used for a year, just been completed.
New flat.

20180904_181126.jpg

Sounds like the float is sticking and it won't help with all the rubble in the bottom.
It looks like the cistern has been open and sprayed with paint.

If the "Button with the arrows" is the blue rod with the cross in the top for a screwdriver, that's the adjustment for the float below, looks also to be blue.

Probably this;
1/2" Toilet Cistern Side Entry Inlet Fill Valve Brass Tail | eBay

Thanks for help. The cistern has no cover. About a foot above this is a long plinth which acts as a shelf which really should not be removed unless the toilet fails! Will speak to the snagging contractor. Will have to look closer to see if there is a screw adjustment on the side arm.
Thanks again.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
Will be the fill valve but sometimes it’s...
Replies
Views
Probably best to replace it in all honesty. If...
Replies
Views
J
Pipes not adequately clipped and/or insulated...
Replies
Views
S
+1 to replace the internals and bin the idea...
Replies
Views
Back