Toilet won't flush! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet won't flush! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThymeTeasel

Sooooo... The title kind of says it all. I press the button and the toilet makes flushing sounds but no water comes out. It's been like this for hours but was working fine this morning. The button doesn't stick/ not go in or anything weird. I have no idea how to get to the cistern as the toilet just kind of goes straight into the wall! It was fitted before I got the flat so I have no ides how it works. There's one screw on the side but nowhere else obviously looks like it comes off. My knowledge of plumbing and indeed all things DIY is non existent (as is the money to get a plumber) so I'm really hoping someone can help! Thanks :)

image.jpgimage.jpg

Sounds like the inlet is stuck in the filled position not allowing water in , it looks like who Evers did it has left no access for future problems and although it's neat it's not ideal, is there no access from the other side ie back to back with a cupboard or similar because it looks like May have to break tiles at a worse case scenario ,

Welcome to the forum thyme teasel

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it :) I can't see any access anywhere unfortunately. No hidden panels, loose tiles, and the wooden bit at the top doesn't come off. I honestly have no idea how I'll afford it if they have to start breaking tiles!

If your plumbing knowledge & DIY is non existent as you say then unfortunately you will have to call a plumber! If its boxed on with no access then it could get messy & more expensive!

You could try pushing the flush button rapidly and see if the movement will free up any stuck components. You've nothing to loose by trying

I'd say if your overall DIY isn't up to much then you'll probably want to avoid any attempts at plumbing, it could end up costing you a lot more than it would have done to start with. It almost definitely looks like the tiles will have to come off. It also looks like the grouting at the bottom of the first full-sized tile above the loo looks a bit different, has it happened before? If you do get it redone, I'd recommend allowing more access to it in the future, you can't go demolishing your

bathroom every time you have a minor issue like that. (accidentally pressed enter ;))

Whoever fitted that wants hanging! I would cut a hole above the tiles first and see if you can reach down to the cistern. From there you may find you only need to remove one of the tiles- maybe two.
If you at least make the access then in theory a plumber can come along, see what part is needed, order/fit new part, leaving you to sort out the making good - At least this way it will minimise the plumbers bill.

In all fairness if you have no knowledge then you may be best to leave it to a plumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

still same issue, I haven't done anything...
Replies
Views
Or raise the cistern
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Really helpful thread, thank you
Replies
Views
In the old days, toilets used quite a lot of...
Replies
Views
Back