toilet?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyg0507

hi all got a problem with a friends toilet cistern.

once the toilet is flushed(via push button on right) the cistern empties fine, once its reached the correct water level the outlet into cistern keeps flowing a little, if you push the float arm up it obviously stops.

ive changed the washers etcc.. and tried raising the water level a little to try and raise the float up to shut it off but no joy:confused: any ideas.

Attachments

• Image203.jpg
    Image203.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 30
Slightly confused.

If the washer stops the water then the inlet is working okay. If the siphon flushes satisfactorily that's okay.

If water is letting by (constantly leaking into the pan) then water level is too high. Float needs to be lowered to stop this. So you twist the float so it sits lower, not higher. Clockwise I think. Whichever makes the float sit lower down when water level is correct.

Raising the water level would have had the same effect

If you have to manually push the float arm up to stop the water flow, it sounds like it is sticking. Maybe I misunderstood the initial question. Screw the float right down and see if you still have to push the arm up to stop the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much. I had it round the other...
Replies
Views
Nope to silicon / putty I do it dry just...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Back