toilette pan siliconed to Cast iron soil pipe (leaking) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilette pan siliconed to Cast iron soil pipe (leaking) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scottplumber

I have a problem with a cast iron soil pipe in the bathroom connecting to the toilet pan and its just been pushed back in to the flange bit of a castiron soil pipe and siliconed around this has now come apart and is leaking i dont have experience of working with cast iron. one idea i had was to cut the soil pipe further to the wall in the bathroom and stick in a mcalpine pan connector but how can i cut the cast iron is a large hacksaw any good or diskcutter? thanks for any input much appreciated

you need a angle grinder mate(make sure you cut it square) and a pair of safety glasses, sum flexis go straight into the cast iron, sum of them you have to get the adaptors as they are smaller, i once ended up taking the rigid rubber of a wc coupler and pushing that onto the cast iron pipe connected to anuva coupler followed by the flexi into the waste, bloody took me 10 minz staring at it and working out wa d hell i would need lol.

Get hacksaw on it and get cutting. Hard work, but you will get there!

Cut it with a hacksaw to the depth of the blade and hit it sharply on the end with a 2lb hammer. It will break clean.

Cut it with a hacksaw to the depth of the blade and hit it sharply on the end with a 2lb hammer. It will break clean.
bit risky tamz, do you give a cast iron guarantee with that advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Turn your phone 45 degrees!!! The picture is...
Replies
Views
Use ss 304 forged fittings...(connector)
Replies
Views
D
Very hard to determine what you can and can't...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
Back