Tool bags | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tool bags in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Recently changed to the Stanley Fatmax rigid bag but today it's gone pop. only had it 3 months and it wasn't long before it started going out of shape and tearing at seams. Before that I went through of couple of years with numerous CK open totes.

Definetly not going for another Stanley. Think it's time to finally take the plunge on one of the pricier bags. Either the veto pro ot-lc or the snickers flexi bag. Or open to options of other recomendations!

Hi rybo1 kris who's on this site recommended a stanley fatmax cantilever 19" toolbox to me before. Don't know what you do mainly, I got 1 for servicing. It's great, it fits my analyser, gas sniffer, fluke test leads, multi meter and good selection of screwdrivers, spanners, Allen keys etc.

5d33f89b94220b800c32f54a2348bf93.jpg

I know . I've put off buying one but it may happen. Gonna get xl for installs?
I have the long xlf I think it is. Suffice to say dont need a gym membership. Moving it in and out of the van is enough. I like that it fits a 600 level and an assembled blowtorch and tank. The tool organisation saces hours of rooting around for the thing you need.

I use the smaller technician totes. Most makes do them. I've had the CK one and now the Stanley. Keep my blowtorch, spare bottle, flux, solder, jet blue, rag etc in the little bag. Perfect for the job o think

stanley tote for tools, for installs, and a sainsbury's blue basket to throw the bits I want to use for gas safety checks servicing etc. the stanley has yet again lasted 3 months before the pockets get holed!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying a fat max tote with lid for oily gear, but not enough pockets, it will last 6 months. been looking at a suitcase for gas servicing tools, probably try a canteliver for oily gear next time, funnily enough the sainsburies basket is the oldest tool bag I have :)

stanley tote for tools, for installs, and a sainsbury's blue basket to throw the bits I want to use for gas safety checks servicing etc. the stanley has yet again lasted 3 months before the pockets get holed!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying a fat max tote with lid for oily gear, but not enough pockets, it will last 6 months. been looking at a suitcase for gas servicing tools, probably try a canteliver for oily gear next time, funnily enough the sainsburies basket is the oldest tool bag I have :)

Sainsbury basket???
need to photo's

lets get some photos on here, swap some ideas!

I've had 4 years solid abuse out of my Fat Max open tote, it has a handle made from a bit of old 22mm after the silver one snapped, the base gave way a year ago but I ply lined it in 6mm ply, pink gripped in and everytime a side pocket holes I insert some kind of liner in it.

Hoping to get at least another 2 years out of it....im too tight to spend £20 on a new one.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Must admit I absolutely love Veto bags. But...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
I think Beesleys are the sole UK distributor...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Actually laughed out loud at that one.
Replies
Views
Back