Tool For Cutting And Recessing Drain Holes | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tool For Cutting And Recessing Drain Holes in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

I'm looking for a hole cutter or hole punch that you would use to cut a hole in a stainless steel sink for the waste to install into. Standard hole punches between 40 and 100mm for use with a hydraulic hand tool are available but I need a punch that makes the recess as well or a separate dimple/flare type former to make the recess after the hole is cut so the waste fitting doesn't sit proud. I've scoured my tooling catalogues and the internet but I'm not sure what this type of punch is officially called or where I might source them.

It's actually for a project that involves us installing stainless steel drain trays under air handling units. There about 60 trays of various sizes that will need to be custom made using 0.7mm or 0.9mm 304 stainless and each tray needs one or more waste fittings in it.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Thanks for the info.

We have a small fabrication workshop that's set up to make stainless steel enclosures and have a pressbreak machine and programmable punch machine, we just don't have the tooling to do the swaging process for the punched hole to accept a waste fitting.

Similar plumbing topics

All three holes created in a different...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back