Towel Rail suddenly stopped working???? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Towel Rail suddenly stopped working???? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

beed

Hello
My towel rail in the loft room (which runs off the central heating - combi boiler) has suddenly stopped working! I heard it quietly ticking one night and the next day it was cold and has been since.
I've bled it, turned all the other radiators off in the house and whacked the heating on and still nothing.
Any ideas?

I don't think so. There are two silver knobs either side on the bottom. I'm not even sure which way they are supposed to be turned any more!

If you turn them both anti clockwise to open them fully (count the turns and write them down) this should send the water into/around the towel rail. When the heating's on, feel the pipes leading to the towel rail. If both are hot then the towel rail probably needs more bleeding.

When the towel rail is warming up turn the valves down (the same number of turns you turned them up).

If this don't work, shout again for doing something different!

check the combi boiler is the pressure 1.5 bar if not top it up bleed rad and recheck pressure

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
With two issues following someone working on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
New system? non working rads?Just get...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
I would say it sounds like a relay noise so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good job buddy 👍🏼
Replies
Views
So does it matter which one, can I turn off...
Replies
Views
Back