trace heating | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss trace heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
when installing trace heating, does it require its own fused switched spur ?

Apparently so. Did an outside combi last week and customer had discussed with electrician about trace heating condensate line. I put an extra sleeve through before I stoned up the old flue from the inside boiler just in case. When I spoke to the electrician he was on about an independant fused spur, but has he had changed the existing fused spur for an rcd spur he said he couldn't take the feed from the existing one because if the trace heating faulted it would trip the rcd and then the boilers frost protection would be compromised.

Yes it does , their is also no real need to install trace heating on outside conense line just increase bore of pipe to stop winter conditions taking effect .Overly expensive to install on condense line i would say.

Based on what? your 3 months training course experience?

Seeing as how full of info you are, what size would you increase it to and why would there be no need to install it. Surely site conditions would dictate? Please share your wealth of knowledge and experience.

Try reading my original reply, external combi, can't run it internally, funny that.

Funny you say 1 1/4", thats what manufacturers recommend and why I install 1 1/2".

ive got a customer whos condensate has frozen twice now, it has exited the building and runs almost horizontal into the RWP, I'm trying to figure out what would be the best and cheapest option for them, probably upgrading to 32mm with lagging will be the best

I insulated a 1 1/2" run last year. Had to special order the insulation, didn't carry it.

Just the standard and wrapped it with a roll of black electrical insulation tape (1" thick).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Are these supposed to be at mains voltage or...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you solve the problem with your...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the input on this, much...
Replies
Views
Back