Training Course advice | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Training Course advice in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

O

OllyWicks

Hi all,

Basically I'm currently a Sales Administrator looking to career change into Plumbing. I enrolled with Trades Gateway and was sold the dream that I would be ready after roughly 2.5 years and 6500 pounds to start my own business and go it alone - after reading reviews on them I decided to pull out, luckily I was still within the cooling off period so it hasn't actually cost me any money, unlike some of the poor people I have read about on here!

From what I can gather I need to complete the City and Guilds Level 2 6035 in basic plumbing before I can progress onto the NVQ but please correct me if I'm wrong? I was just after some information if anyone has any on where I could do this course around my job? I've searched all over Google and just keep getting referred to the Plumbing Academy and those sorts of places so I thought I'd ask the actual people that have done this and actually lived it :) Fortunately I have a good friend who is a plumber and also a cousin so I will always have someone to go out with and actually learn the trade I just need to get the qualifications to go with it!!

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated :)

Olly

I tried that but the only course offered is a basic plumbing course which is designed to give you more confidence in carrying out your own plumbing in the home and no qualification at the end. Waste of time or worth going for do you think?

Cheers

I tried that but the only course offered is a basic plumbing course which is designed to give you more confidence in carrying out your own plumbing in the home and no qualification at the end. Waste of time or worth going for do you think?

Cheers

Not much use professionally. There will be a FE college near you that offers courses. Basically you are correct in that you need C&G 6035 level 2 diploma before you can do the 6189 level 2 NVQ. Then the same at level 3.

Where are you based?

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am currently in the forces...
Replies
Views
6035 is the diploma, 6189 is the NVQ. 9189 is...
Replies
Views
G
We used to call them...Wateries...watered down...
Replies
Views
Hi Brenns, sorry to bring an old post up but...
Replies
Views
Back