Training to become a gas engineer in my own time? | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Training to become a gas engineer in my own time? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra if I want too and also diversify my income if I become Ltd company (IR35) as I often get seconded to projects but as things stand if I do any extra trips offshore I’m looking at a week minimum away from the family which I would like alternative options.

I’ve seen lots of stuff online about courses to do which allows you to become a gas engineer in X amount of time etc but I don’t want to do anything that’s not required or pointless can anyone assist with letting me know which courses I need to complete and what to avoid? I’ve got 2 heating engineers who agreed to let me work for them for free to build up a portfolio

Similar plumbing topics

If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can...
Replies
Views
Good luck. Unfortunately to most guys this...
Replies
Views
Back