Trap / Waste for vanity unit | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Trap / Waste for vanity unit in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I am looking for a basin waste and trap. I know the simple plughole and chain wastes are possibly the easiest to manage with but whats the next best - click clack ones?

As to traps - best to stick with the tried and tested S or P or go for a Macvalve?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-macvalve-1-self-closing-waste-valve-white-32mm/1616v

Mcalpine mini bottle trap (e10)

I would go p-trap, especially if it goes into a soil pipe as it has a deeper seal (76mm), also has good adjustability.

Strictly speaking the shallow seal (38mm) traps shouldn’t go straight into soil pipe, should go via gully or hopper, but in practice they always seem fine.

I would go p-trap, especially if it goes into a soil pipe as it has a deeper seal (76mm), also has good adjustability.

Strictly speaking the shallow seal (38mm) traps shouldn’t go straight into soil pipe, should go via gully or hopper, but in practice they always seem fine.
Always go 76mm if you can. I’m currently dealing with an issue of smells. Did a smoke test on the stack and both the tiled in shower and bath are passing.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/floplast-equal-tees-...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Little update. In the end i just extended the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. I've found a rubber one so will give...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The unitraps eventually fail - the silicone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Edit Better to remove and clean the rubber...
Replies
Views
Back