trapped air in boiler heat exchanger | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss trapped air in boiler heat exchanger in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

longshanks

Hello.
I have just had my boiler serviced and the service guy answered a question I asked by telling me that I had trapped air bubbles in the heat exchanger and that there is a chemical treatment you can buy to put in the system but he could not remember it's name is he correct and what is it called.
regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Fernox F2 noise reducer or sentinel X200 noise reducer, both very good for what you want.
If system symtoms persists you'll need a full flush, maybe powerflush.

its probably more likely to be 'kettleing' you can hear caused by sludge and scale , the chemicals aggis has suggested will sort this out for you , if it was air it could be cleared by surging the pump or 'boiling it up':)

Many thanks for both your reply's
Ferret, what is "surging the pump or boiling it up"
regards

You're prob best just adding chemicals, leave the boiling up to proffesionals

It all involves getting the system over hot & surging the pump at certain times [ on & off],

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Someone has said, he wouldnt of plumbed it as...
Replies
Views
Back