Trianco Anthracite boiler leak . | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Trianco Anthracite boiler leak . in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi everyone , would be gratefull for your thoughts on this one .
Yesterday my neibours boiler started leaking from inside the firebox . He rang me , I went around and drained the system and told him that he needs a new boiler . But as he has just had a delivery of anthracite and he says that he cant afford a new boiler right now he has asked me wether I could do some kind of temporary repair until the summer .
I was just wondering wether these Leak Sealers that are advertised to put into an open vented system are any good or perhaps whip it out and try to weld it ? Any ideas please . Cheers .

NOPE, its stuffed.
takes more work takeing it out and repairing replacing and making good over what?, say 3 days in all. at how much?.
i doubt that the weld will be garenteed either only to find it still leaks after all that.
i will be surprised if i am wrong?.

Thanks for your reply Redsaw , I expect your right . I will probably take it out this weekend and have a good look at it . If it has rusted from the inside out then it will be weak in several places and it wont be worth trying to weld it . Cheers .

I had one of these at Christmas, we removed the case from the boiler but found there was no way to get to the part that is leaking, if you look in the ash pan and see water running down the middle then no chance. We did fit a NEW Trianco redfyre boiler, they still make them. Everything lined up spot on, It took us 2 days in total, including changing the trv's as these were old so took the time to change as system was dry.

Thanks for your post Rob , I took the boiler out today and had a good look inside and as you and Redsaw suspected it is leaking from right inside and is impossible to get to . Told my neibour , he hasnt decided wether to have another Trianco or maybe change to oil .
Cheers Guys .

If it was me I'd go for oil, or LPG and be done with the *** of lighting the bloody thing, and all that humping of the anthracite, and the stinking ashpan. But thats just me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
The Honeywell frost stat eg the separate old one
Replies
Views
Back