Trianco burner locking out | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Trianco burner locking out in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on.

Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle.

I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from dirt

I left fuel pressure gauge on at startup to see how things went.

Again about 3 or 4 minutes later it locked out again. 😭

The fuel pressure remained good.
I happened to have a control box and photocell to hand and this made no difference. I also tested lead going to it.

I was pushed for time and customer lives out in sticks so decided to take burner with me to test on bench.

Having looked at flame and ignition it seems that it's a fuel cut out caused by either the solenoid or pump valve. (Oil pressure remains good till after lockout)

When it tries to start again it sparks good but no fuel coming through.

It's just strange to me that every time I try from cold it behaves for a while. Once it cuts out after warming up you cannot get it going again until left for some time.

Any thoughts guys?
Really appreciate any help at all

Thank you

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Hi ShaunCorbs, thanks for the reply. The pump...
Replies
Views
Yes, that about the size of it, my 17 year old...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
L
With no pressure gauge or flue gas analyser...
Replies
Views
Back