Trianco leaking balanced flue fault repair | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Trianco leaking balanced flue fault repair in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As I get a couple of these to sort every year, here's a few photos of the fix method.

For those not in the know, some Eurostars with balanced flues were fitted with a faulty batch of flue gaskets. These gaskets perish over time and allow the flue gases into the air intake giving the telltale high CO readings and smoke

P1050730.jpgP1050731.jpgP1050732.jpg

The way to fix is to dismantle the flue and replace the gaskets.

See photos above - Photo 1 shows the new gasket fitted to the outlet on the top of the boiler. Photo 2 shows the gasket fitted to the elbow. Photo 3 shows the elbow back in place. In this case the boiler was mounted under a granite worktop and you are looking down the flue from the outside. Where the top of the boiler is accessible, it is easier to change the gaskets by unfastening the top of the air inlet to get at the elbow in the first picture.

Attachments

• P1050729.jpg
    P1050729.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
restarting this one as I came across an old eurostar today, not sooted up but knocking off and running up again at regular intervals. so little brain eventually thought to disconnect the air intake pipe and hey presto all ran fine. so I asume that pocs were affecting flame pattern and pc picked up on this and knocked off the burner for 20 secs then reignited again. Initially i thought fuel pump but pressures where fine and constant at 110. So having injested 20 mins of pocs and seen the co2 reading on the fga rise fm the air intake I assume its new seal time. Anyone else seen this without the sooting up

They're re-inventing themselves in the renewable' sector with pellet boilers, and trading on the name on the basis that most of the newer biomass installers never installed anything else before so don't know their history.

Yes, Trianco part number 221647 x 2 except for older models which didn't have them and instead you need a tube of heat mate and disposable vinyl gloves and will get sticky fingers. The flue seals are probably common to other makes but I haven't had the opportunity to compare them.

You also need a little silicone lube to assemble the fittings with the new seals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
well what I was put my ID down to was these...
Replies
Views
Mbear
M
Back