trianco oil burner trips rcd | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss trianco oil burner trips rcd in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thegoat

hi all
i have an old trianco oil boiler tro20/25, which i use in summer to heat kids pool
did a test run on it thursday run for 5 mins i turned it off
had it running yesterday for 6 hours, then it tripped the house RCD, every time i tried to turn boiler on again it tripped RCD
took off the control box, turned on RCD stayed in ok, (so wiring up to boiler control box is ok
anyone got tips on how to check out the wiring from the control box (control box is danfoss bho12)

Most times it's the circ pump, though could also be transformer or fan on the burner. Try turning the boiler thermostat down (off) and try again to check the pump 1st

Just read last bit try disconnecting ignition transformer electrically then retry, if still trips reconnect and disconnect motor

I'm with Roger on this. More than likely transformer, then motor, if it is actually the control box then it's a rewire or a phone call to an engineer. I have 2 012's left and can only get anymore when I take out another old boiler :)

thanks guys
looks like motors insukation is breaking down after the motors been running a bit

I have 2 012's left and can only get anymore when I take out another old boiler :)

Ah you do the same as me, I think I have a couple on ice somewhere. For some reason I bought one of the adapters for the newer danfoss boxes years ago, but every time I come across one I cant bare to fit it and just slap a satronic kit on, it works out cheaper for the cust also strangely.

If the O.P. is not a qualified tradesman the advice should be to contact one, electricty and water are dangerous combinations repairs should never be attempted by anyone who is not competent.

Especially when there are children involved.

If the O.P. is not a qualified tradesman the advice should be to contact one, electricty and water are dangerous combinations repairs should never be attempted by anyone who is not competent.

Especially when there are children involved.

I'm tempted to agree especially with a swimming pool heater, electrical components should be ClassI or double insulated and any transformers should be isolation type. Earth bonding would also be critical. RCD tripping can also be a ***ulative leakage problem with more than one fault needing to be remedied so you really need the right test equipment to find this type of fault.

Call in a pro.

Sounds a bit strange but check there is not anything blocking fan
Had same problem before and it was a dead mouse stuck in fan lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Maybe it's one to pass off to worcester 🤷‍♂️
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
L
With no pressure gauge or flue gas analyser...
Replies
Views
B
Tricky to answer but your first call must be...
Replies
Views
Back