tribune he boiler question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss tribune he boiler question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

apespud001

hi,

i have a range tribune he boiler 150l tank and have a small leak which I am trying to accurately diagnose before calling in a plumber.

As you will see from the picture below the water is coming from the white box (valve?) and dripping onto the thermostat hence the rusty water marks. It has happened a few times but always seems to go away for a while before re-appearing. It does seem worse this time though with a more regular drip of water.

Please can somebody let me know if there is something I can do or what I need to be telling the plumber when I call?

Many thanks for any advice given.

DSC_4430.jpg

DSC_4431.jpg

Cover the thermostat with something water proof i.e plastic bag until the plumber turns up. You dont want the electrics tripping out.

Thank you for the swift response. Would anybody have an idea how much this valve would cost to buy or the likely cost of this repair being carried out?

May be I need to wait until pay day at the end of the month

Thanks again

As long as you protect the electrics as kozak1968 said i would think it would wait. As far as cost goes it all depends on where you are etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Thanks that definitely seems to be the...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back