Tristor thermal store banging like train! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tristor thermal store banging like train! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zfh

[h=2][/h]
Hi,

I have a Tristor Telford thermal store in my flat and recently, it's started it make such loud banging noises, it sounds like a car crash pr someone busy banging on the inside! It will make these noises when the system is turned off (as there is no timer) at least 4 or 5 times an hour at all times of the day, when it's heating up, when I turn taps or my shower on. Basically it happens regardless of whatever I'm doing.

I've had a plumber in to look at it and he topped up the pressure. This made it all stop for about 3 weeks but then it started happening again. The pressure is still as it should be but we can't work out why it's making such a huge noise

Do you have any idea what it might be? It's driving me crazy and wakes me up at night!

Many thanks​

get another plumber to check it over, could be several things from airlocks, over pressuring, overheating etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

They don’t have a expansion relief eg prv is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have two rads upstairs connected exactly the...
Replies
Views
H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
Back