Trough shower drain leak problem, advice | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Trough shower drain leak problem, advice in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi there
I am faced with an 4 yr old shower installation which has started to leak.
It's a wet room style shower floor with a trough drain. Only access is via a hole i cut in the ceiling below and even then it's limited. It's not the trap or waste pipe...
The cust has sili sealed all around the edge of the trough. Now i am faced with removing old silicon and redoing seal. There are 8 curved forms which accept the screws and as you can imagine it's not going to be easy to get in.
I would like to take the trough apart and check the seal between the top and the bottom halves but it doesn't seem possible.
Any advice? Do i spend hours picking out all the bits of old silicon? Can i use silicon remover on the plastic part of the trough? I have suggested taking the whole thing out but cust doesn't want to go down that route- he can't get those tiles again.
How about truck loads of CT1? Wish i had walked away now. Leak may not even only be around the drain for all i know it could be cracked grout, not that i can see any cracks ... arghgh !!
Please advise THANKS

i'm afraid your customer will have to bite the bullet. the only way to properly fix this is to take it out and re-do it properly, as you say it could be more than the drain leaking.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have you got any photos to share of your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So far so good! Thank you very much
Replies
Views
  • Question
Install timbers instead of the crap legs
Replies
Views
  • Question
There should be a 2-3 mm gap between the top...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Look at the post 'Is this a weep hole?' .. the...
Replies
Views
Back