Trv combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Trv combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karlhayes

I have a leaking TRV on a combi boiler heating system, do i have to drain the system down to repair or can i isolate the water in the rad?, the rad is down stairsand i don't have any pipe freezing equipment Thanks

Whers is it leaking? if its on the nuts then can you just not tighten it in situe without draining?

also have the heating on so the valve is hot when you tighten it

If it's on the nuts or tails between the valves and the rad (on the horizontal) and giving it a nip doesn't help you can turn both the valves off, isolate the rad, and drain the rad by cracking the nut and catching the water in a tub. Then if its leaking on a compression joint try smearing a bit of jet blue on the olive. If its the tail, take out and put 10 or do turns of ptfe on it and wind it back in.

If its on the nut between valve and copper pipe and giving a good nip doesn't help its a drain down I'm afraid.

Good luck with it mate.

dont be lazy, drain down fix properly and refill with new inhibitor

dont be lazy, drain down fix properly and refill with new inhibitor

Don't see it as being lazy if It's unnecessary to drain down the whole system plus you don't need to go to the expense of buying inhibitor.

Could be that the leak is on the wrong side of the valve and then you would need to drain down.

Take pressure off system and fix it live no problem at all, just need a towel around it to mop up a bit off water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back