Trv not turning off, but heads are ok (work on other radiators) | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Trv not turning off, but heads are ok (work on other radiators) in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

T

Tonytony

Hello, we have bulldog trvs on all our radiators but have a problem with 2 of them. The 2 upstairs radiators do not turn off (4 downstairs all work fine). If I switch the trv heads, taking one which works downstairs and putting it on an upstairs radiator it also does not shut off the radiator. So the TRV heads all seem to be okay but for some reason the upstairs radiators cannot be shut off with them.

I can compress the pin manually on the upstairs radiators and that does shut off the radiator. So I can only think the TRV head is not putting enough pressure on the pin to shut off the valve. I have tried lubricating the pin with WD-40.

What I think I would like to do is just get manual caps which can close these upstairs radiator valves, would that work and are the fittings universal (so for example would these fit?? Drayton Radiator Valve Cap White 5 Pack - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/drayton-radiator-valve-cap-white-5-pack/5649R?tc=ET6&ds_kid=92700072615374555&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=Cj0KCQiAsoycBhC6ARIsAPPbeLu1iS3x_TQFJi9XY7Z8_7X3KnqZqB9Px4Cpx_JWOENbpXbLlqTIDPAaAvqcEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

or any other ideas?

Many thanks

There's another similar thead going on this, if you mean use those caps to close the lockshield at the other end of the rad then yes they will do, make a note of the number of turns if the system is balanced.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
You should have not touched the lockshields...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Closing the loop... I replaced the valve body...
Replies
Views
Hi d36csr. You aren't a bicycle plumber are...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So basically you remove the tail that comes...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Yeah, I did read this but I’ve inherited the...
Replies
Views
Back