trv,s | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter learnplum
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 2K

Discuss trv,s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

learnplum

Hi all, many thanks for all the replies, on my previous post.(fantastic) I am learning quick, with the help of this forum.
Now for the bad news, I have a further problem.
I have a rad, with one trv on it, and it is stone cold.
I have unscrewed the trv, and pushed the spindle in and out, and still no joy for a hot rad.
All other rads and boiler fine.
My question is?
If the spindle is naturally in the up position, should the rad be hot?
Thanks again.
:tounge_smile:

I was gonna say that. It's amazing how many jobs I get with rads no workin and the lockshield shut lol.

Is the pin moving easily or is it springing back out when you push it in. Stiff spring. Wee tap

open the other valve fully,turn heating on only, turn off all your other rads, does it get warm?

HI guys, if I push the spindle down, with the trv removed, it springs back up immediately.
Does this help?

Do what Aw said . Put on heating and close every other radiator apart from 1 in question n try force the heat . If still no joy then the trv s knackered.

Sorry AW, the head is removed, and the spindloe moves up and down with pliers.
Anygood ?

Thanks Chalked, sorry to be a nuisance, its a PEGLER,does this help?

HI, you will all laugh now.
What does like mean?
I don,t get if thanks?

In this context it means similar to. If you make a copy of something it is like the original

Like means like the posting?
But all postings are liked surely?
My postings are for me embarrasing.
I am loads behind, do you get me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all above. I've done a few Evohomes...
Replies
Views
Evohome is not the latest technology, but it...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
M
Teed off of 10mm feeds from original rad?
Replies
Views
Back