TRV's & Boiler+ (Boiler Plus) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss TRV's & Boiler+ (Boiler Plus) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Jerry

Gas Engineer
Evening All!

I am having a thick moment. Again.

What does boiler+ say about installing TRVs when swapping a boiler?

I have heard some say that you (always) need to fit TRVs when swapping a boiler. Others say that you dont now don't need TRVs with the uprated Boiler+ controls.

Any thoughts?

J

If your only changing the boiler then trvs are only a recomendation. If changing the boiler and radiators then they are required.

If your only changing the boiler then trvs are only a recomendation. If changing the boiler and radiators then they are required.

still only recommended even when your doing a new system

Evening All!

I am having a thick moment. Again.

What does boiler+ say about installing TRVs when swapping a boiler?

I have heard some say that you (always) need to fit TRVs when swapping a boiler. Others say that you dont now don't need TRVs with the uprated Boiler+ controls.

Any thoughts?

J

My understanding is boiler plus relates to the boiler only, whereas TRVs fall under domestic building compliance guide.

still only recommended even when your doing a new system

Screenshot_20190624-214731_Drive.jpg

Only reccomended on boiler replacement only. New system but keeping existing pipework requires trvs.

Still only recommended table heading

Recommend minimum standards

Similar plumbing topics

Except the pump menu has other settings then...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Yes along with power in the airing cupboard.
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
Then yes running 24/7 and no control don’t...
Replies
Views
Back