Trying to balance our radiators .......... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Trying to balance our radiators .......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Murdoch

Esteemed
Res.Electrician
Now its got cold again I'm having another attempt to get our system re-balanced and have found this "lockshield":

lockshield.jpg

Presumably all I need is an allen key to adjust it?

Also, using my new infra red thermometer, this rad is getting a lot hotter than most of the others in the house - is this also a "pointer" to poor balance?

Thanks guys

Now its got cold again I'm having another attempt to get our system re-balanced and have found this "lockshield":

View attachment 35931

Presumably all I need is an allen key to adjust it?

Also, using my new infra red thermometer, this rad is getting a lot hotter than most of the others in the house - is this also a "pointer" to poor balance?

Thanks guys
Yes it is, in the short term just close down the other end and see what happens to,the rest of system ..then open the other end a wicklie bit , a simple cure
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rather than open up all the lockshields and...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. Just finished and managed to set...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back