Trying to remove Ideal bathroom mixer tap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Trying to remove Ideal bathroom mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eisenhorn

Hello,
I'm trying to change a few taps around the house, and once I bought the basin wrench, the bath tap was a doddle, and feeling proud, I decided to move onto the sink...Here I've hit a snag - I haven't a clue how to get to the tails of the tap as when I look under the sink, there's a brass "clip" with the popup waste going through it, and I can't see any bolts or nuts to undo. The wife "helpfully" just twisted the tap and she has managed to loosen the tap somehow, but now I can neither tighten it or loosen it further, and in its current state, it's no longer suitable for the kids to use...Any help if figuring out how to remove the tap would be gratefully received. Also any tips on switching out the pop up waste with a "click up" one (not sure what it's called, but you push the plug in and its like spring loaded?). I'll upload a pic shortly as I can't on my first post it seems.

Cheers,
Eisenhorn

OK, Got the tap off by removing the water pipes and then could unthread the bolt...Issue now is that the old hoses have a female thread where they connect to the water pipes. The new hoses have a male thread...Can I get an adapter anywhere quick (the water is off at the moment...) as the old hoses can't screw into the new tap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
For £60 ish quid might be best just to replace...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It doesn’t appear you’ve missed anything...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Yes, you should be able to remove without...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back