Tumble dryer drain hose to hose connector | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tumble dryer drain hose to hose connector in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello. So have bought a beko dryer which seems ok. The water collector fills up quick, good sign i think. This model comes with a drain option. The hose they have supplied looks a bit thin (pic attached). I want to plumb this into my existing
twin hose connector (pic attched). The hose opening of the hose that they have supplied seems a bit too thin to try and fit over the hose connector, although before trying it i thought id seek advice. Any suggestions please? Many thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20211018_101922704.jpg
    PXL_20211018_101922704.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20211018-114731.png
    Screenshot_20211018-114731.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 38
So how do u do it? Many thanks
There is a Miele adaptor that is intended to be fitted in place of one of the McAlpine spigots in your pic.
I've never used one myself. Instructions for the Miele tumble dryer show how it goes. A clamp round the hose (3 as shown) seems a good idea.
You can ignore the non-return valve etc.

Miele Drain adaptor 1571760
5525D1F1-5560-47E8-BF3D-24108B7BE0BB.png

It's one of these:
I don't promise this will work, but it's the closest/ simplest adapter that I know of.

Last edited:
Thankyou all for the advice. Im a bit surprised at these manufacturers making it so difficult to attach this....think im gonna go for the Miele adaptor option, seems the neatest.
I agree with you, it's very unhelpful of the manufacturers not to supply the necessary for the UK market.
I did discover that the Bosch/ Siemens/ Neff etc group do supply an adapter with their hose kit that does the same job as the Miele one:
But you don't seem to be able to just buy the adapter (the little funnel looking bit) on its own.
(this kit might be an option if the Miele adapter doesn't work for you, and you have to send it back!🙁)
Best of luck!

Similar plumbing topics

L
  • Question
go to your local plumber shop and he should be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all I have this McAlpine overflow and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct. Bleed from bottom up to allow air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Seized TRV it was. I had considered it before...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back