Tundish in unvented cylinder system throwing lots of hot water away | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tundish in unvented cylinder system throwing lots of hot water away in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

J

James Reeves

We’ve had some issues with our boiler system making loud noises recently which sound like a bath being filled when you’re sat downstairs.

Upon inspection of the cylinder upstairs (boiler is downstairs), we can see lots of hot water coming out of the tank through the tundish and we have no idea why. I checked our pressures and have ensured the prv that feeds this is below 1.5bars and it’s still happening.

I’ve had to isolate the water supply to prevent loss of water and an exceptionally high bill. Can someone help?

Best to call a g3 registered engineer out

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
  • Question
As Shaun said cold backfeeding through mixer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
The unvented cylinder thermostat I believe is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back