Twin boiler install. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Twin boiler install. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GasManMike

Evening all, was wondering if anybody knew where I could find on the web a piping diagram for a twin boiler installation (2 boilers 1 system)? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

If the total kw exceeds 70kw I think this becomes commercial.

I can draw a rough diagram if you'd like the help

Hi Simon, thanks for quick response.
The heat loss for the property comes back at roughly 55kw. The customer would prefer two 30kw boilers as opposed to one 60kw boiler so if one fails they would have some form of back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Worcester have a tb on cascading there boilers, I personally like using a low loss header.

Untitled.jpg low loss and header

you basically, mount them in parralell with each other, use extra isolation valves and a check valve. if you can link them to eac other electronically so they both know what the other is doing that would be nice, but not neccessary, you could also use a small header type system, but again not neccesary.
stick them on wall, isolation valves belo, each with a check valve on flow, join them on a small cct wit 35mm copper, then carry on as normal. just watch where your pumps are and directions.

If the total kw exceeds 70kw I think this becomes commercial.

I can draw a rough diagram if you'd like the help

As long as the individual appliances are below 70kw input and pipe work is below 0.035m3 & that was some amazing use of paint.

At 60kw it would be worth checking total volume, meter size (remember diversity factor) and everything else installed on the system.

As long as the individual appliances are below 70kw input and pipe work is below 0.035m3 & that was some amazing use of paint.

At 60kw it would be worth checking total volume, meter size (remember diversity factor) and everything else installed on the system.

I have a toughbook. Touchscreen ;)

I once got told it should be something like this, but to be honest, I don't think I'll be doing it like this ever...
2 boiler cas.jpg
... something to do with one boiler working more than to other? Or that may have been for without the Low Loss Header... I wasn't really listening. Ooops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Orry, thanks but it says that link is invalid. Do you mean a lead and a lag boiler?

have u ever used system link header link below

[DLMURL]http://www.systemlink.ie/images/stories/systemlink/_notes/SystemZone_Method-Boiler_at_Sipdfde_Connections.[/DLMURL]

easy to install and great for zoning systems no 2 pot valves needed

[DLMURL]http://www.systemlink.ie/images/stories/systemlink/_notes/SystemZone_Method-Boiler_at_Sipdfde_Connections.[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL]http://www.systemlink.ie/images/stories/systemlink/_notes/systemzone_method-boiler_at_sipdfde_connections.[/DLMURL]

dead link

i think thats just gonna overcomplicate something that is best kept simple. the more stuffs you put in, the more there is to go wrong !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
Hi , At the risk of hijacking this thread I am...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
Heating flow pipe
Replies
Views
Back