Twin Coil tank required. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Twin Coil tank required. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbloco

Help Please. I am upgrading the central heating with both a gas boiler and a wood burner with a water jacket. I need a twin coil vented tank for the hot water with at least 1 28mm coil for the wood burner. All I can find is a solar tank which is not suitable.
Does anyone know where I can get a twin coil vented tank or is it possible to put 2 coils in a direct tank myself.

Thanks.

No problem to buy twin coil cylinders. Any plumbing merchant has them or can order one. You can't really fit coils. You are correct to say you need 28 mm coils, which is what they come with. Gives large surface area for quick heat from your gas boiler also. Wish you lived local to me, as I have a foamed 1200 x 450 t.coil brand new! standard sizes are 900 x 450 & 1050 x 450.

Hi Best.
Thanks for your reply. All the merchants I have asked cant come up with a twin coil vented cylinder with a 28mm coil. They only seem to be able to get them for solar. I have even been to a couple of manufacturers and the answer is no. I think yours would be too small as I need a least 250ltrs. My wood burner could power the QE2.

Speak to Telford. They will make you a cylinder

Thank you Simon Johns. Do you have a number web address or e-mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Oz, yeah I have bought solar compatible...
Replies
Views
Hi , At the risk of hijacking this thread I am...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
It doesn’t mean you will have lower temps. It...
Replies
Views
Back